Archive for category Digital Camera
A camera is a very handy gadget but most people go overboard when buying them. They spend hundreds of dollars on fancy cameras that they hardly know how to use correctly. If you want a simple camera that you can rely on to take great pictures of all occasions then you should look for the best digital camera that fits your pocket. There are quite a few cameras in this price range and you’ll find that most of them are quite adequate for your needs. In fact, these may be point-and-shoot cameras but they are still highly sophisticated.
It goes without saying that the best digital camera will not take professional quality pictures. However, you can definitely take great shots of all birthdays, anniversary and other special occasions with a reasonably good camera. Since there are so many different options available these days, you need to make sure that you choose the right one or else you might end up paying for camera features that you do not require. Be sure to look for:
- A minimum of 12 megapixels, although some cameras do offer a couple more megapixels in this price range
- At least 10x optical zoom, but this can easily go up to 18x zoom
- High speed consecutive shooting so that you do not miss out on significant moments
- Very clear display (screen should be at least 3in in length).
- A variety of editing features such as cropping, coloring and filtering right on the camera
- HD video recording
- GPS tracker so that your photos can be tagged automatically.
- Ergonomic design so that you can handle it without any trouble. It should also not be too large that it cannot fit into a purse or a pocket.
- Easy to use so that you can get fantastic pictures even if you are rushed for time
- Reasonably long battery life Read the rest of this entry »
You have opened pages of magazines and have seen stunning pictures of levitation, or you have been to your Facebook page and have seen incredible pictures that make your friend look like a film star and you said to yourself,” I wonder how they make pictures like that”. The answer is, it’s easy, get a digital camera and a free digital camera tutorial. However before you rush off to buy one there are a few things you need to know first.
A digital camera is an awesome appliance that can bring joy and excitement into your life if you are able to use its capabilities to the full together with some basic digital photography techniques to create fantastic photos and works of art.
All cameras whether digital or analogue have one thing in common. They have as the primary equipment inside them what is known as a lens. This is an optical element usually made from plastic or glass and through which light travels from the subject and gets directed to the film or sensors at the rear end of your camera. The success of any photographic campaign depends very much on the lens and understanding the properties of lenses will help you get the best out of your digital camera.
There are basically two kinds of lenses that are found in the digital camera; the prime lens and the zoom lens. The main difference between these two types is that the prime lens has a fixed focal length whereas the zoom lens is a package containing several lens elements arrange in such a way that you can vary the focal length of the whole unit. All zoom lenses are usually described by the ratio of their longest to the shortest focal length. Both types are useful and the optimal choice depends on what you want to achieve. Read the rest of this entry »